[a] Going forward with the plans which he and Cllr Hornby had worked upon ie the grasscrete option to both Highways and CDC approved standards or [b] Doing nothing at all as the 1st option presented was that which Highways had,in principle, informally approved.
The clerk re-iterated that any final proposal to go forward with the Stage 1 project was in any event subject to OCC and CDC final approval and also any utility company with any access or maintenance interest would also have to be consulted.
The clerk then handed the meeting back to Cllr Hornby who asked for any public responses.
In the main, the proposal in it’s form was generally welcomed,BUT the question of the large amount of money involved was raised,and, a comment that “it was rather a large amount of the precept” to be used for providing parking for 3 or 4 cars.
Mr Anson asked if Hardcore,Tarmac and posts could be used to save costs-the reply was that of OCC and CDC would not allow this method as it was neither to approved standards nor would it be in CDC conservation area keeping.
Cllr Hornby responded by saying that to reclaim the grass and use the grasscrete in doing so, could only be funded by the Parish Council and made it absolutely clear that in no way funding from OCC would be forthcoming, particularly in the current economic climate-however given the level of council reserves coupled with the criteria laid down for this, it was highly unlikely that any work would commence until late March/April time next year once approvals had been sought and the next receipt of precept received and the annual budget forecast done and audited.
Cllr Hornby also made it clear that Stage 1 would be a trial for other areas and monitored to see the effect/results in order that other areas may be considered.
At this point, a show of hands was asked for and the vote was split 4/4 with one abstention.
Mr Brendan Watts in particular said that he would be willing to offer financial assistance to see it completed rather than not which was thanked for by Cllr Hornby – but felt it was a Parish concern rather than that of any individual offers.
With this in mind, and after general discussion it was proposed by Cllr Hornby that Public support by those present should be requested with the proviso added that ALL POSSIBLE FUNDING SOURCES AVAILABLE should be investigated as part of the proposal.
A final vote was taken “to accept the presented proposal” and the vote was UNANIMOUS IN FAVOUR by 9 VOTES TO NIL.
Cllr Hornby thanked all present for coming along and re-iterated that all progression would be relayed to residents and then closed the meeting.
Signed………………………………………CLLR P HORNBY