10/0184/F Tuthills Ltd; Replacement Workshop buildings (see CDC Planning Portal Website for details) – Council raised No Objections,
2. A361 FLOOD ALEVIATION SCHEME AND ROAD CLOSURE A361 AND EFFECTS
1. No response had been received from Northants. (who are responsible for coordinating the works) regarding the councils concerns about traffic planning, applying a weight restriction during period of works or a timetable of works. Council are very concerned that there has been so little communication about the work.
2. It is understood from Councillor Atack that the work on the scheme is scheduled for Feb. 7th – 18th with one side of the affected section of the A361 being closed for part of the time. The main part of the work is scheduled for March – July 2011.
3. Council is trying to follow up on a statement made by Oxfordshire Highways in April last year saying that the village/parish would get weight restrictions on a temporary basis to stop HGV traffic cutting through the villages. As South Northants. CC is solely responsible for the works then it must now be pursued with them.
4. Council most concerned that pre-work signage is not up yet forewarning everyone and in particular road users coming off the M1/A45 at Daventry and using the 361 as a rat run.
Mrs Wild to try and contact Northants Highways as a matter of urgency and the clerk to create a PRO ACTIVE action plan for policing any breach of diversion/weight restriction. Council are taking this very seriously to try and avoid the damage and disruption following the previous closure of the A361. District Councillor Atack and County Councillor Reynolds are assisting with this matter. As soon as more information is received it will be circulated in the parish.
3. PROJECTS UPDATE – PROGRESS/CONSERVATION AREA
Permissions from CDC and OCC are being sort for work in Old Pool Area and will need to include sanction from interested utility companies.
Clerk requested police speed checks throughout the village ie Thorpe Road all the way through and Corner Mount to A361.
Discussion held over what lessons could be learnt from the recently bad weather re road clearance, gritting etc. Document recently sent out by Cherwell about village emergency action plans including snow provision which Clerk will circulate for discussion at the next meeting.
5. DATE AND VENUE FOR NEXT MEETING
Will be at the Hare and Hounds on TUESDAY FEBRUARY 15TH