Plans have been resubmitted for the redevelopment of land to the east of the M40 at the A361 junction to include two large distribution warehouses with 32 loading bays between them and a possible third warehouse of similar size, over 200 car parking spaces and 40 HGV parking bays.
The planning officer responsible is Bernadette Owens (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Your Parish Council has already objected to this application and if you would also like to object, there is still a week left to email the Planning Department. You are therefore urged to email as soon as possible.
The planning application reads as follows:
19/00128/HYBRID | Part A: Full planning application – the development of a new priority junction to the A361, internal roads and associated landscaping with 2 no. commercial buildings having a maximum floorspace of 33,110m2 and with a flexible use [to enable changes in accordance with Part 6 Class V of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 2015 (as amended)] within Class B2 or B8 of the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 as amended, and ancillary Class B1 offices; and Part B: Outline planning application – the development of up to 2 no. commercial buildings having a maximum floorspace of 16,890m2 and having a flexible use [to enable changes in accordance with Part 6 Class V of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 2015 (as amended)] within Class B2 or B8 of the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 as amended, and ancillary Class B1 offices, with all other matters reserved for future approval. | Ban 15 Land Adj M40 J11 And West Of Daventry Road Banbury
Site plans can be seen as follows:
Points in support of an objection and against this development include
- Traffic congestion on A361 and M40 roundabout
- HS2 construction traffic will be present at the same time and pose a real danger during construction
- The plans are in contravention of the CDC Local Plan 2011-2030
- There is no need for a development such as this
- The Planners are urged to examine the impact on the Human environment of developments such as this in respect to the reduction in environmental quality, congestion, pollution, and quality of life.