Please read the Conditions of Hire carefully.
Conditions of Hire
- All bookings must be made through the Booking Officer designated by the Memorial Hall Management Committee.
- The Hirer(s) is responsible for all Conditions of Hire.
- The Hirer(s) must be over the age of 25 years.
- A deposit will normally be required at the time of booking. The deposit will be refunded seven days after the date of the event either in full or reduced by: 4.1) The cost of making good any damage caused at the event, or 4.2) The hire cost if the booking has not been taken up without at least seven days prior notice having been given.
- The Management Committee reserve the right to refuse to hire, or may cancel with or without notice any agreed hire, if in their opinion, such use could be detrimental to the fabric of the building or its fixtures, fittings and contents or be contrary to the principles of use for which the premises is intended.
- It is the Hirer(s)/Users responsibility to ensure that all equipment brought into the premises meets current safety regulations. The Management Committee cannot be held responsible for any accident that involves any equipment the Hirer/User or his/her agent has brought onto the premises. The Hirer(s)/User must advise the Booking Officer at the time of booking of any equipment he/she or their agent intends to bring onto the premises.
- Bookings will not be accepted for 16th, 18th or 21st birthday parties.
- All Users must act with courtesy to the Wardington community and especially should avoid undue noise on arrival and departure.
- No smoking is allowed in any part of the Memorial Hall.
- The Hirer(s) and organisers of events in the Memorial Hall are responsible for ensuring that the noise level of their functions is such that it does not interfere with other activities within the building nor causes inconvenience for the occupiers of nearby houses and property.
- No signage or posters may be erected internally or external to the building. Only internal decorations approved by the prior consent of the Management Committee may be used in conjunction with totally non-damaging fixings e.g. “White Tac”
- No performances in the Memorial Hall which are a danger to the public, or any involving hypnotism, shall be given. Crowd scanning by laser is not permitted. No flammable, explosive, toxic, hazardous or gaseous substances may be brought into the Memorial Hall.
- The Hirer(s)shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Hiring Agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcohol thereon without written permission.
- All use of the Memorial Hall premises and facilities is subject to the Hirer(s)/Users accepting responsibility, for returning furniture and equipment to their original placing and to leaving the premises and grounds in a clean and tidy condition. If the premises and grounds are not left in a satisfactory condition all or part of the deposit may be forfeited. The Hirer(s) will be held liable for any damage to buildings, furniture or other property that is caused due to this hiring, and a claim for repair or replacement of such buildings, furniture or other property will be made. All damage must be reported in writing to the Booking Officer.
- Litter, rubbish and all waste must not be left in or about the premises and grounds; all rubbish must be removed and placed in appropriate waste containers at the end of any function or event. No perishable foods are to be left on the premises. If the premises are left in a condition where rubbish or litter needs to be cleared by staff, all or part of the deposit will be forfeited.
- No animals are allowed on the premises, except in the case of trained assistance dogs.
- It is the responsibility of the Hirer(s) to ensure that all lights and electrical appliances are switched off and the kitchen/bar areas and facilities are properly cleaned prior to vacating the premises.
- The Hiring Agreement constitutes permission only to use the premises and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer(s).
- All normal risks associated with premises (and usage) such the Memorial Hall are covered by the Memorial Hall’s insurance policy.
- The Hirer(s) shall not do, or permit, nor suffer to be done on the premises or within the curtilage of its boundaries including the car park, paths and surrounds anything which may invalidate the insurance of the premises or increase the premium of such insurance and/or which may cause a noise or be of annoyance to the general public or occupiers of surrounding properties.
- The Management Committee does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for loss of personal belongings, money or articles of any description belonging to the Hirer(s) or any person attending the Memorial Hall. Vehicles and their contents parked on the Memorial Hall car park or within the vicinity of the Memorial Hall are left at their owner’s risk
- The Hirer(s) must not permit the number of persons on the premises to exceed 140 at any time, this being the maximum laid down by the Licensing Authority in the Premises Licence.
- All functions must conclude by midnight. Functions which include live or recorded music (disco’s, live bands etc) – music must conclude at 11:00pm.
- The Hirer(s) shall ensure that nothing is done in or relation to the Memorial Hall in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
- The Hirer(s) shall observe as appropriate, all relevant environmental, food health and hygiene and health and safety legislation.
Sale of Alcohol
- The sale of alcoholic drinks other than those provided by Wardington Memorial Hall requires a licence and the Management Committeereserve the right to approve the licence holder.
- In order to hold a licensable activity not covered by the Memorial Hall Premises Licence a Temporary Events Notice (TEN) will need to be given to Cherwell District Council Licensing Authority. The Hirer(s) shall obtain the written consent of the Management Committee before giving the Licensing Authority a TEN. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the Hiring without compensation because there is a limit on the number of TEN’s which may be granted annually for any premises.
- Care should be taken by the Hirer(s) to avoid excessive consumption of alcohol; drunk and disorderly behavior shall not be permitted on the premises or immediate vicinity. Alcohol shall not be served to any person under the age of 18. No illegal drugs or substances should be brought onto the premises. Any person who is drunk, under the influence of drugs or other illegal substances or who is behaving in a violent or disorderly way should be escorted off of the premises.
Health & Safety
- Hirer(s) must comply with any instruction of the Management Committee relating to the security, maintenance, good order and health and safety of the Memorial Hall. All accidents must be recorded in the Accident Book, which will be held in the kitchen area with the first aid box and fire blanket.
- Hirer(s) are responsible for the management and supervision of the Memorial Hall/Meeting Room and associated facilities and for the care of their content and fabric during the period of hiring. This includes the duty to act effectively and efficiently in the event of a fire and other emergency by being familiar with location and use of fire-fighting equipment and with the evacuation procedure (with special attention to elderly and disabled persons) and notification of a fire or other emergency to the emergency services.
- Hirer(s)/Users will not, without the consent of the Management Committee introduce equipment, alter fixed installations, alter or remove fire and safety equipment, or otherwise take any action which may create a hazard for persons using the Premises. All portable electrical equipment brought on to the premises must be appropriately certified.