Parish Council Minutes (September)

Home/Committees/Parish Council Minutes (September)

Parish Council Minutes (September)

Minutes of the Meeting of Wardington Parish Council held on Tuesday 1st September 2015 at 7.30pm in Wardington Memorial Hall

In Attendance:  Mr N Bankes (Vice-Chair), Mr I Franklin, Mr G Martin, Mrs A Pascoe, Mr M Patterson, Mr K Atack (District Councillor), Mr M Hickman (Clerk), Mr B Jarrett (Parishioner)

Apologies: Mr G Page (Chair)

Minutes of the Previous Meetings (July 28th): Agreed and signed

1. Matters arising from previous meetings

1.1 HS2

  • The HS2 petition was lodged to parliament on August 14th by the HS2 Action Group and Pinsent Masons solicitors.
  • The HS2 Action Group will represent the parish council at the HS2 Select Committee parliamentary hearing in November (date tbc).
  • On the 30th September, representatives from HS2 Ltd. will visit both Banbury and Wardington to meet with Cherwell District Council and the HS2 Action Group to observe the severity of the prospective traffic problems.
  • For the payment of solicitors’ fees, half of the cost will be taken from the parish council’s current reserves, while the other half will be covered by a temporary loan from Cherwell District Council, offsetting the payment until 2016-17.

1.2 Parish Clerk

  • Mr Bob Jarrett was appointed the new parish clerk. He will take over the role from October.
  • The parish council welcomed Mr Jarrett aboard and expressed their looking forward to working with him in the future.

1.3 Warbler Editor

  • Under the auspices of the communication working group of the Community Led Plan, the editorship of the Warbler will for now be overseen by Elaine Norris.
  • Please email elainenorriss@gmail.com or call 01295 758472 for Warbler enquiries.

1.4 Co-option

  • Interest in parish councillor co-option has been expressed from one other parishioner. The chair will communicate with the candidate as soon as possible.

1.5 Playground Inspection

  • The annual playground inspection was undertaken by RoSPA and there is no imminent action required to be taken in order to safeguard the playground against accidents or damage.
  • There was a recommendation that the tree algae be pressure-washed off parts of the equipment.
  • If there are any parishioners with a pressure washer willing to donate an hour of their time to provide the play items with a cleaning, please do get in touch at wardingtonparishcouncil@hotmail.co.uk

1.6 Williamscot Noticeboard

  • Mr Martin reported that maintenance of the Williamscot noticeboard was now complete. He was thanked by the councillors who remarked how good it now looks.

1.7 Williamscot Land

  • The situation was discussed.

1.8 Parish Laptop

  • The parish laptop is still at the repair centre. Report to follow.

 

2. New Business

2.1 Winter Preparedness

  • Clerk to request one free bag of salt from Winter Service at Oxfordshire County Council. There are now ample reserves should the village experience a severe winter this year.

2.2 Village Signs

  • A letter from a parishioner was received concerning the accumulation of dirt and algae on the Wardington signs that mark the entrance to the village.
  • Mr Franklin kindly volunteered to clean the signs in the coming weeks.

 

3. Planning

  • 15/00278/TCA Mr Hugo Terry. Stone Cottage. Cherry and Holly fell. No objections.
  • Following concerns received from neighbours regarding the stockpiling of material near Old Bonhams that was thought to be a temporary measure during a construction period, Mr Atack has initiated enquiries with the owners and relevant authorities.

 

4. Finance

4.1 Invoices

  • Cheques authorised:

100790  Mitchell Hickman (Clerk). Pay to August 31st. £400.

100792  Mitchell Hickman (Clerk). Pay to September 28th. £320.

100611  Playsafety Ltd. RoSPA inspection. £99.60.

 

  • Mr Bankes proposed that a provision is made for £1750 of Williamscot’s funds to cover the cost of the Williamscot social event.

 

28           Steve Graham. Williamscot social event.

29           Mollington Village Hall. Williamscot social event.

 

4.2 Playground 200 Club

September

100612   £20   Andrew Pearson

100613   £10.   Natalie Reynolds

 

5. AOB

Communty Led Plan

Mr Patterson reported that the completed Community Led Plan will be presented to the village at a public meeting on October 17th. Notice and flyers to follow.

 

 

The meeting closed at 8:45pm.

 

The next meeting will be on Tuesday 13th October at 7:30pm in the village hall.

About the Author:

Leave A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.