Update on A361 closures
Please Note: The two-week night-time closures of A361 for survey work is no longer proceeding.
- The survey work was planned for Monday 9 January to Saturday 21 January 2023 – no longer going ahead.
Other work taking place:
There is a very short period of closure required for some line painting under the temporary bridge near our compound on the A361. The lines there are faded at that location, and so to improve safety, a line painting contractor be attending and the road will be shut for a maximum of 4 hours to carry out the work.
We have published a works notice, which I have attached and summarised below:
- A section of the A361 Byfield Road will be closed between approximately 8pm-12 midnight on Friday 20 January 2023.
- The work is weather dependant, as it requires the line paint to dry. Therefore a back-up date is booked in for the following evening, 8pm – 12 midnight Saturday 21 January 2023.
- The four-hour closure period is a maximum, it may be open earlier as the area to be painted is quite small.
- The closure area (in both directions) is south of the Welsh Road crossroads near the compound under the temporary bridge. All other roads are open.
EKFB on behalf of HS2