You are strongly encouraged to submit your objection, if indeed you do object, before the deadline of 30th June 2022.
It was only last week that we heard about the planning application above.
The opportunity to object closes in less than 3 weeks.
It involves a further 100+ acre warehousing development off the A361 close to Junction 11 of the M40.
We in Wardington and other local villages in North Oxfordshire and South Northants are very alarmed. It would be more accurate to say ‘horrified’.
The Banbury Guardian has launched a strong campaign against.
Wardington Parish Council is still consulting and other issues may yet be raised, but we will be objecting. Our main initial concerns are:
- The size of the proposed development
- Yet more unsightly warehousing
- The employment created would be mainly low skilled and low paid. Despite the best of Cherwell District Council’s intentions, this is exactly what has happened to the adjacent Banbury 15 development
- It meets none of the aspirations of the CDC Local Plan
- It will put yet more pressure on the already congested and air polluted Junction 11 area, access to and from Banbury, the A361 and A422 and their associated villages
- The permanent loss of this environmentally and visually important area should not be underestimated
We would greatly appreciate any help you can give us to ensure the application isn’t approved.
Malcolm Patterson, Chair Wardington Parish Council